Members of the armed forces make immense personal sacrifices.
We are deeply grateful for the men and women who have bravely and selflessly served our country, and we are honored to return that devotion by caring for military veterans and their families. At Vaughn Greene Funeral Services, we believe the story of every veteran’s life deserves to be shared and celebrated. It’s our privilege to provide you and your family with professional, dignified assistance in your time of need, and to support you in honoring your loved one.
We proudly extend our promise of care to our nation’s most deserving.
Vaughn Greene Funeral Services is renowned for our compassionate, caring and professional staff, and we have years of experience in planning exceptional veteran funeral services. We have detailed knowledge of the unique traditions, regulations and benefits available surrounding military funerals. “My father proudly served in the military,“ says Vaughn C. Greene, “Offering superior care to members of the armed forces, veterans and their families is my way of honoring his service to our country and paying homage to his legacy.” Whether your family chooses cremation or burial, we’re honored to assist you with the planning and are fully equipped to handle all of the details. We’re committed to ensuring that your loved one receives the distinguished military honors he or she deserves.
Your loved one may be eligible to receive a number of military death benefits.
Our seasoned staff is here to assist you in completing the required paperwork to secure military death benefits, as well as with all aspects of funeral planning. Benefits available to honorably discharged active duty and former military service members by the Department of Veterans Affairs include but are not limited to:
- Burial flag: This program provides an American flag for use during the funeral service, which is then passed on to the next-of-kin as a keepsake.
- The playing of Taps: This may be performed by a lone bugler or via an audio recording
- Presidential Memorial Certificate: This engraved document recognizes and thanks the veteran for his or her service.
- Government headstone or marker: Regardless of the cemetery, burial location, or date of death, the VA can provide a grave marker.
- Perpetual care: This covers the maintenance and upkeep of the veteran’s grave in perpetuity.
- Reduced funeral service pricing: Provided by Vaughn Greene Funeral Services, special pricing is available to all veterans and their immediate families.
We’re dedicated to serving you.
Vaughn Greene’s caring staff is committed to providing the veteran in your life with a deeply meaningful and respectful ceremony. We’re here to manage the many details involved in the military funeral planning process, including:
- Completion of applications for all veterans benefits, including Military Honors, the Presidential Memorial Certificate and memorial marker or headstone
- Coordination of the necessary documentation (provided by the family) to request Military Honors
- Coordination with national or state veterans’ cemeteries, if necessary
Your deceased service member was dedicated to serving our country; our team of experienced professionals is dedicated to serving you. Turn to Vaughn Greene Funeral Services to arrange a final farewell that appropriately reflects and honors your loved one’s legacy.
If you have lost a family member or loved one and are in need of immediate service, please do not use the form below. Instead please CALL US at the location nearest you (scroll down for phone numbers).
For less timely needs or general inquiries, feel free to fill out the form below and we will return your message within 24-48 hours.