Vaughn Greene Funeral Services is Hiring!
Below we have listed our current job openings. Please scroll down for detailed information.
- Embalmer/Funeral Director (see job description below)
- Transporter (see job description below)
- Handyman: We are in search of a part-time handyman to perform a range of maintenance and repair duties for our funeral homes. Interested applicants should contact William Miller at: email@example.com.
An Embalmer/Funeral Director for Vaughn Greene Funeral Services will assist with the clinical preparation and arrangement of services for the family’s deceased loved one. At Vaughn Greene Funeral Services, we strive to ensure that our Embalmers/Funeral Directors uphold the highest levels of care in support of families during their time of loss.
A Qualified Candidate Must
- Possess a valid Embalmer/Funeral Director’s License in the State of Maryland
Responsibilities of an Embalmer
An Embalmer will:
- Have an exceptional ability to embalm individuals in accordance with state regulations
- Prepare, casket and dress the deceased's
- Maintain a safe and sterile preparatory environment
Responsibilities of a Funeral Director
A Funeral Director will:
- Assist families in the pre-arrangement/arrangement process
- Provide support for families throughout the arrangement, viewing, funeral service and burial
- Relay all service-related information to families in a clear and compassionate manner
A number of personal characteristics make an individual a suitable fit for the role of Embalmer/Funeral Director. These characteristics may include:
- A heart for service
- Compassionate care and empathy towards those in their time of loss
- Comfort with serving in a ministerial capacity to families, if needed
Excellent Salary & Benefits Package
Interested applicants should contact William Miller and send application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vaughn C. Greene Funeral Services is seeking to add to our experienced and talented after care staff with compassionate individuals willing to serve bereaved families at their most vulnerable time. This is an on-call position (as needed); work frequency and hours would vary and are not guaranteed; may include call in on overnight, weekend, or holiday.
Job Description: After hours removal of deceased individuals from the various locations including, hospice and assisted living facilities, and private residences. The collection of vital information from the family and the transfer of deceased in a respectful and dignified manner.
Hours: Evening/Night Shift. As needed with possible weekend/early morning hours. (Per diem).
Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Six months general work experience is required.
Six to twelve months funeral assistant experience is preferred.
Training period dependent upon experience
Funeral service experience preferred, but not required
Must be able to lift at least 100 lbs
Candidates should be well-groomed and expect to adhere to a formal dress code (i.e. at minimum, shirt & tie; suit preferred)
We are seeking an organized receptionist for our East Baltimore location.
Candidates must, among other responsibilities:
- Greet and welcome visitors in a professional and courteous manner
- Answer phones in the same professional and courteous manner, while taking messages, routing calls and/or providing general information
- Assist office staff with the maintenance of files and records, as needed
- Maintain confidentiality pertaining to information regarding clients, staff and families
- Assist families with service items
- Maintain a presentable conference room with required stationery and forms
- Offer administrative support across the organization
Candidate must have strong communication and organizational skills, with the ability to multitask. We are looking for candidates with at least one (1) year in a professional office setting, with the capability to operate office equipment. Providing professional customer service, a positive attitude and professional appearance are a must. Work schedule flexibility is a plus. Minimum high school diploma or equivalent is required.
Interested applicants should contact Janet Miller and send application materials to email@example.com.